In recent years, Instagram has become a powerhouse in the social media world, with over one billion active users worldwide. This platform has not only become a popular way for people to connect with one another, but it has also become an effective tool for businesses to connect with their customers. With the rise of influencer marketing, becoming an Instagram influencer has become an increasingly attractive proposition for many B2B influencers.
In this article, we will explore what it takes to become an Instagram influencer, why it’s a good idea for B2B influencers, and how they can monetize their influence on Instagram.
What is an Instagram Influencer?
An Instagram influencer is someone who has built a large and engaged following on the platform. These influencers are considered experts in their niche and have a significant influence on the purchasing decisions of their followers.
Becoming an Instagram influencer takes time, effort, and dedication. It requires creating high-quality content that resonates with your audience, engaging with your followers, and building a community around your brand.
Why is becoming an Instagram influencer a good idea for B2B influencers?
B2B influencers are professionals who are experts in their field. They have established themselves as thought leaders, and their opinions carry weight with their audience. By becoming an Instagram influencer, B2B influencers can expand their reach, build their personal brand, and connect with a new audience.
Instagram is a platform that is highly visual and ideal for showcasing products and services. B2B influencers can use Instagram to showcase their expertise, promote their brand, and demonstrate their value to potential clients.
In addition, Instagram is a platform that is highly popular among millennials and Gen Z. These two demographics make up a significant portion of the workforce and are key decision-makers for many businesses. By becoming an Instagram influencer, B2B influencers can tap into these demographics and reach new potential clients.
How to become an Instagram influencer?
Becoming an Instagram influencer requires dedication, hard work, and a commitment to your personal brand. Here are some steps that B2B influencers can take to become an Instagram influencer:
- Define your niche: It’s essential to identify your niche and focus on creating content that resonates with your audience. Determine what topics you want to focus on and what sets you apart from other influencers in your niche.
- Create high-quality content: Instagram is a visual platform, and the quality of your content is critical. Invest in good photography equipment, and take the time to create high-quality images and videos that showcase your expertise.
- Engage with your followers: Building a community around your brand is essential to becoming an Instagram influencer. Engage with your followers by responding to comments, hosting Q&A sessions, and asking for feedback.
- Collaborate with other influencers: Collaborating with other influencers in your niche can help you reach new audiences and build your personal brand.
- Use hashtags: Hashtags are a powerful way to increase your visibility on Instagram. Use relevant hashtags in your posts, and consider creating your own branded hashtags.
- Post regularly: Consistency is key on Instagram. Post regularly to keep your followers engaged and to attract new followers.
For more help getting started as an influencer, particularly if you’re interested in increasing your influence, impact and income, consider joining the Influencer Incubator.
How to monetize your influence on Instagram?
Once you’ve built a significant following on Instagram, you can start monetizing your influence. Here are some ways that B2B influencers can monetize their influence on Instagram:
- Sponsored posts: Sponsored posts are a common way for influencers to make money on Instagram. Brands will pay influencers to create posts that promote their products or services.
- Affiliate marketing: Affiliate marketing involves promoting other people’s products and earning a commission for every sale made through your unique affiliate link.
- Product or service reviews: Brands may pay influencers to review their products or services on their Instagram accounts. These reviews can be in the form of posts, stories, or IGTV videos.
- Digital products: B2B influencers can create digital products such as e-books, online courses, or webinars related to their niche. They can promote these products on their Instagram accounts and sell them to their followers.
- Brand partnerships: Influencers can collaborate with brands on a long-term basis, creating content for the brand on a regular basis.
- Speaking engagements: B2B influencers who have established themselves as thought leaders in their field can leverage their Instagram influence to land speaking engagements and consulting opportunities.
Great Examples of B2B Instagram Influencers
These are terrific B2B influencers to check out and emulate:
Jenn Herman (@jenns_trends) – Jenn Herman is a social media consultant, speaker, and author with a strong focus on Instagram marketing. She is the founder of Jenn’s Trends, a blog dedicated to providing social media tips, resources, and training to businesses of all sizes. Her expertise in Instagram strategy, account optimization, and best practices make her a valuable B2B influencer. Jenn’s Instagram feed offers helpful tips, news on Instagram features, and insights into her own experiences growing an online business. With over 20k followers, Jenn Herman is a go-to resource for businesses looking to improve and expand their presence on Instagram.
Guy Kawasaki (@guykawasaki) – Guy is a renowned marketing expert, author, and speaker who specifically targets businesses with tips and advice on how to grow their audience and brand online. With over 200k followers on Instagram, he combines inspirational quotes, business tips, and personal snippets to engage other businesses on the platform. His expertise and authority on social media and marketing strategies make him a valuable B2B influencer.
Ann Handley (@annhandley) – Ann Handley is a best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the Chief Content Officer of MarketingProfs, a marketing training and education company. She shares valuable insights on content marketing, writing, and storytelling, targeting businesses looking to improve their online presence and engagement. Her Instagram feed includes expert tips, inspirational quotes, and behind-the-scenes glimpses into her work life. With over 20k followers, Ann’s expertise and authority on content marketing make her a valuable B2B influencer.
Rand Fishkin (@randderuiter) – Rand Fishkin is the co-founder of Moz, an SEO software company, and currently the founder of SparkToro, an audience intelligence platform. He shares valuable insights on SEO, digital marketing, and entrepreneurship, targeting businesses looking to improve their online presence. As a prominent figure in the digital marketing industry, Rand’s Instagram feed includes expert tips, industry updates, and personal experiences for his B2B followers.
Marie Forleo (@marieforleo) – Marie Forleo is the founder of MarieTV and B-School, an online program for entrepreneurs and business owners. Her focus is on helping businesses create a successful and meaningful presence online through her expertise in online marketing, personal branding, and entrepreneurship. With over 700k followers on Instagram, Marie’s feed is filled with motivational quotes, practical business tips, and glimpses into her own entrepreneurial journey.
Gary Vaynerchuk (@garyvee) – Though Gary Vaynerchuk may not exclusively target B2B clients, his role as an entrepreneur, investor, and speaker make him a valuable B2B influencer. He offers insights on marketing strategy, building a strong brand, and entrepreneurship, providing valuable content and inspiration to businesses of all sizes. With over 10 million followers, Gary Vee’s influence spans from startups to established brands, making him a powerful voice in the B2B industry.
In conclusion, becoming an Instagram influencer can be a valuable strategy for B2B influencers. It provides a platform for them to expand their reach, build their personal brand, and connect with a new audience. By following the steps outlined above and consistently creating high-quality content, B2B influencers can become Instagram influencers and monetize their influence through sponsored posts, affiliate marketing, product reviews, digital products, brand partnerships, and speaking engagements.